19th September 2016 – David Dunn

The club are pleased to announce the signing of vastly experienced midfielder David Dunn from Cambuslang Rangers. Beginning his career in the Seniors, David played for Clyde, Airdrie and Ayr amongst others and prior to Cambuslang turned out for Lanark and Newmains. Undoubtedly his experience will be invaluable to our young squad and we wish him well in his Kingshill career.

17th September 2016 – Greenock 3 Forth Wanderers 1

Forth lost 3-1 to Greenock at Ravenscraig Stadium this afternoon, Barry McGeechan netting the Wanderers goal from the penalty spot. New signing David Dunn made his debut and despite being 3-1 down at the interval, Forth had played some good football and created several chances in an entertaining first half. The Wanderers were the better side after the break but once again the lack of a cutting edge proved costly and it took a fine David Cherrie penalty save to keep the final score to 3-1. The result sees Forth rooted to the bottom of the Central First Division, the only side without a victory to their name.

12th September 2016 – Forth Wanderers 2 Larkhall Thistle 3

The Wanderers lost 3-2 to Larkhall at Kingshill on Saturday, despite goals from Barry McGeechan and Warren Grenfell briefly having Forth 2-1 up just after the interval. Forth were given the opportunity to rescue a point near the death after some indiscipline in the visiting ranks led to a penalty being awarded, but Kristopher Dick couldn’t convert from the spot and 3-2 it finished.

9th September 2016 – Eddie Haley

The club would like to welcome striker Eddie Haley to the ranks after he signed on for the season. Eddie has been involved as a trialist up until this point and has bagged 3 goals in his appearances so far. All the best Eddie !

3rd September  2016 – Forth Wanderers 1 Thorniewood 3

The Wanderers recorded their second consecutive 3-1 league defeat losing to Thorniewood United at Kingshill on Saturday. After Wullie McLaren had struck the post with a free kick early on, the visitors looked the more likely, although it took a slice of luck when Martin Hannaway headed a long throw into his own net, to give them a 1-0 advantage at the interval.
Forth began the second half strongly but were suckered punched just after the hour mark when the Wood scored twice within 5 minutes to make the points safe. Nevertheless the Wanderers kept plugging away and were rewarded in injury time, when Taylor Scott was fouled in the box and picked himself up to dispatch the resultant penalty and make the final score 3-1.