29th April 2017 – Prize Draw Winners

£100 – Graham Turner
£50 – Elaine Robertson
£25 – Jim Drummond
£25 – Chloe Robertson
Red Wine – Jim Eastonspan>
White Wine – Alan Muir
12 Lager – W.Baggley
£20 Next Voucher – Elspeth Miller
£15 Boots Voucher – J.Erskine
Chivas Regal – M.Whyte
Red Wine – Mary Lindsay
White Wine – Maureen Robertson

26th April 2017 – Forth Wanderers 2 Lesmahagow 1

Goals from Barry McGeechan and the evergreen Kris Jarvie saw the Wanderers edge Lesmahagow 2-1 in a close encounter at Kingshill this evening.
The ‘Gow took an 11th minute lead but Barry McGeechan leveled things on 25 to make it 1-1 at the interval. The second half saw both teams spurn chances to take the lead until Kris Jarvie popped up to net from close range after a Wullie McLaren free kick had been spilled by the otherwise impressive ‘Gow keeper.
The win moves the Wanderers up three places in the table and within touching distance of safety with 5 games still to play.

24th April 2017 – Wishaw 4 Forth Wanderers 2

The Wanderers lost 4-2 to Wishaw at the Beltane this evening despite being twice ahead. A dull first half was brightened up by a goal of the season contender from Wullie McLaren from fully 35 yards to give Forth the interval advantage. Wishaw equalised a minute into the second half only for Barry McGeechan to restore the Wanderers lead from the penalty spot. The hosts then scored twice in 4 minutes just after the hour mark and made sure of the points in injury time with a quick break after Forth had been pressing for an equaliser.

22nd April 2017 – Cambuslang Rangers 3 Forth Wanderers 3

The Wanderers drew 3-3 with Cambuslang Rangers at a sunny Somervell Park yesterday afternoon. 2-1 ahead at the interval thanks to a Wullie McLaren brace things looked promising for Forth when David Dunn made it 3-1 early in the second half. However, the Lang pulled one back and then earned a point with a late late equaliser, much to the consternation of the Forth support who were left wondering where all the injury time had come from. To add insult to injury both Lachlan Tait and Barry McGeechan were red-carded during this injury time.

19th April 2017 – Larkhall Thistle 4 Forth Wanderers 1

Forth lost 4-1 to Larkhall Thistle at Gasworks Park this evening, Wullie McLaren netting the Wanderers goal.
However, the scoreline doesn’t reflect a game in which the Wanderers were often in the ascendancy against their title chasing hosts. Larkhall took the lead after 10 minutes but the remainder of the half saw the Wanderers on the front foot coming close through Lachlan Tait and Wullie McLaren before a sweet Taylor Scott strike rebounded off both posts and back to safety. Forth continued to press but 1-0 it remained at half time.
The second half began with McLaren coming agonisingly close to an equaliser before Larkhall doubled their lead on 49 minutes. Undaunted, the Wanderers kept attacking and got their reward when Wullie McLaren netted after good work from the industrious Taylor Scott. It was all Forth at this stage and they were denied the chance of an equaliser when Barry McGeechan was clearly fouled in the box only for the referee to unbelievably wave away the Forth penalty claims. A match changing decision. Larkhall were always dangerous on the break and made it 3-1 on 78 minutes before rubbing salt into the wounds with a fourth in injury time.
A bad night was made worse by injuries to Jason Corbett and Barry McGeechan, hopefully neither are too serious.

15th April 2017 – Forth Wanderers 3 Neilston 0

The Wanderers returned to winning ways at Kingshill Park this afternoon, defeating Neilston 3-0 to earn a vital 3 points. Playing against a strong wind in the first half, Forth still managed to create the better chances with Craig Gupwell and Wullie McLaren both going close on a couple of occasions. However, it was goalless at half-time.
The second half saw Forth continue to press although it took until 77 minutes for the deadlock to be broken when Martin ‘Hitman’ Harty leapt like a salmon to head home a McLaren corner. Three minutes later it was 2-0 when Kris Jarvie poked home from close range after visiting keeper Graham did well to save a McLaren free kick and McLaren himself completed the scoring with a tremendous strike on the 90 minute mark.
A great team performance and a first clean sheet of the campaign to boot, which sets us up for a tough run of three away games, starting at Larkhall on Wednesday.

9th April 2017 – Johnstone Burgh 2 Forth Wanderers 0

The Wanderers lost 2-0 to bottom of the table Johnstone Burgh at Keanie Park and can have little complaint after a disappointing performance. It could’ve been more than one at half time with the hosts spurning several good chances although Forth did come close through Craig Gupwell and Wullie McLaren. The second half saw the Wanderers press for an equaliser only to be hit by a sucker punch second at the death. The result leaves Forth second bottom of the table, albeit with games in hand on several of their rivals. Next up is another tough encounter at home to Neilston Juniors, who are not yet safe from relegation themselves.