St.Roch’s 1 Forth 5 14th September 2013

St.Roch’s 1 Forth 5

Forth blew away St. Roch’s at a sunny James McGrory Park this afternoon with 5 goals in the first 31 minutes, eventually running out 5-1 winners. The Wanderers goals came from a Chris Lennon brace,Yamikani Misanjo,Dean McLean and Kieron Colgan.

The Wanderers had Bryan Felvus and Andrew Gilchrist unavailable, Chris Lennon and Kieron Colgan starting in their place and it was Lennon who continued the tradition of early goals this season, notching after two minutes. Yamikani Misanjo did well to control the ball and feed Lennon and the midfielder beat a couple of Roch defenders before firing low into the net.

Forth had begun strongly and it was one way traffic towards the hosts goal so it was no real surprise when they doubled their lead on 10 minutes with a move started and finished by Dean McLean. The full back fed Kieron Colgan on the left wing and Colgan’s deft backheel sent McLean racing in on goal and he buried a shot past the helpless Candy custodian Brown. McLean then shot wide after a short McGroarty free kick before a Colgan through ball sent Misanjo away but Brown gathered the strikers shot at the near post on 19 minutes.

Undaunted, Misanjo got his name on the scoresheet a mere two minutes later. A clever ball in behind the Roch’s defence from McLean saw Misanjo reach the ball just before the keeper, lob it over him before following up to slide the ball into the empty net. Forth continued to dominate and made it 4-0 on 23 minutes. Misanjo chased down a pass back to the keeper and managed to effect a block on the clearance, the ball falling to Tony Traynor who fed Chris Lennon and he dispatched the ball into the net for his second goal of the game. Worse was to follow for the home side when Carrigan was shown a straight red for a last man foul on Misanjo, the defender appearing to stamp on the prone Misanjo’s hand as he left the field.

The travelling Forth support were enjoying their day in the sun and had even more to shout about when the Wanderers went nap on 31 minutes. Recent signing Kieron Colgan’s header looked to be goal bound until it took a deflection off Roch’s defender Brogan and nestled in the net. 5-0 with just over a third of the match gone !

St.Roch’s hadn’t been in the game at all up to this point but despite the numerical disadvantage they slowly began to claw their way back into things as half time approached. Firstly, David Fry shot wide before Jordan Fletcher did likewise from a good position and right on half time substitute Sean Cryans shot straight at Hutchison.

[meteor_slideshow slideshow=”Rochs140913″]

With the second half barely a minute old, it took a tremendous double save from Jordan Brown to prevent Forth increasing their lead. Chris Lennon sent Misanjo running in on goal and the home keeper did well to block his shot before turning the rebound from Tony Traynor away for a corner.

The home side looked a more organised unit in the second half and pulled a goal back on 52 minutes through Martin Brogan. Hutchison in the Forth goal had touched over a shot from Gibbons and from the resultant corner Brogan headed home from close range. Misanjo then fired a shot narrowly over for Forth as the game swung from end to end.

St.Roch’s spurned an opportunity to reduce the leeway further on 65 minutes when Steven Kelly headed wide from a good position inside the box and it took a couple of fine stops from Hutchison late on to deny David Fry as the game reached it’s conclusion.

Overall, a stunning first 30 minutes or so wrapped up the points for the Wanderers with St.Roch’s a much improved team after the break. Next up, another tough encounter at home to high flying Blantyre Vics.

‘Mon The Forth.

Forth : Hutchison,Howson,McLean,Smith(McQuade),Canning,Watson,Traynor,Lennon(Brown),

St.Roch’s : Brown,Brogan,Kelly,Carrigan,Smith,C.Fry,Shiels,Gibbons,D.Fry,Logan,Fletcher